Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Allen Charles Frankel
1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Collections for New York on
Q: i have sold my cooperation to someone recently, and i have some people that i had money disputes with in that business

can that people still sue me for that?

Allen Charles Frankel
Allen Charles Frankel
answered on Feb 29, 2024

Note: I am not your lawyer and this is not legal advice. Additional information is needed regarding the natures of the sale of the corporation and the money disputes. For example, generally, a sale of a corporation can be structured for the transfer of the corporate shares, or for sale and... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Securities Law and Banking for New York on
Q: How can I get the $13k I have in a closed account that the bank refuses to send to me. Its been over a year.

Hi, I deposited a $13k annuity check into my individual brokerage account with ETrade, but the day it cleared my account was restricted pending ID verify. Phone camera was broken wouldn't take quality pics, so I knowingly altered and submitted a copy of an expired ID that was saved to my pc.... View More

Allen Charles Frankel
Allen Charles Frankel
answered on Feb 29, 2024

Your issue may require a review of the terms and conditions that you agreed to when opening the account.

However, I would also recommend that you conduct a name search of the New York State Comptroller's Office of Unclaimed Funds. New York...
View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.