Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Rhode Island Land Use & Zoning Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning for Rhode Island on
Q: My house has a home behind me. There is 2 ways of getting to the house. My driveway and another down the road. Why?

Why is my driveway the easement?

Albin Moser
Albin Moser
answered on Jan 16, 2022

Your driveway may be the easement by past agreement. If there is a recorded document that gave the back property an easement across your driveway then that would explain it. The easement passes from owner to owner, and whoever owns the back property holds the easement, has the right. It "runs... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Rhode Island on
Q: A judgement was made on land but not boundaries lines lawyer and judge ignored evidence available and met and spoke of
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford
answered on Jul 5, 2018

If you received an unfavorable decision, and you believe the Judge was mistaken, talk to your attorney about the viability of filing an appeal.

2 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning for Rhode Island on
Q: If a property was taken by eminent domain in 1915 in Rhode Island can that land be sold by the state for profit?

The property was taken by eminent domain by Providence Rhode Island in 1915 from various families and used for reservoir purposes. Some of the land has been deemed nonessential. Can that land be handed over to the town and sold off for developments?

Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford
answered on Feb 17, 2018

Generally, the owners(or their heirs) who were forced to sell may have a right to redemption. Gather your documents and Meet with an attorney to evaluate your rights.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning, Environmental and Personal Injury for Rhode Island on
Q: Tree service is chipping wood and dying mulch behind my house. They have no invisible fence and makes it tough to breath

Been looking for laws against air pollution since my children been getting sick from playing outside. Please help!

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Aug 17, 2016

Might be a zoning reg. Talk to your borough.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.