Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Wrongful Death legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Wisconsin Wrongful Death Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Wrongful Death for Wisconsin on
Q: Can someone get off running down there mother in Hawaii and pretend its the doctors fault

Straub hospital in Hawaii ?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Oct 2, 2018

People are found not guilty for many reasons. There aren't enough facts to answer this, and also any answer would be hypothetical because what matters is what the DA thinks they can prove--and what they can't.

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death, Estate Planning and Probate for Wisconsin on
Q: My son at just 41 years old passed on. He was living with a woman but not married. As his mother I am next of kin.

How do I access his belongings? He also has two precious children. What are my grandparent rights?

Thank you kindly for your time,

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Feb 26, 2018

Contact an estate attorney in the county where he was living. They can best discuss those issues.

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Wrongful Death and Medical Malpractice for Wisconsin on
Q: What are some questions when meeting with the hospital after a wrongful death?

So my daughter had passed away due to the hospital being wrong about her size she was over 11lbs and they didn't do a c-section if they had she wouldnt have got stuck and would still be here. They stated over and over just in case they have the room preped for a c-section and didn't. We... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Feb 11, 2018

Listen, don't say much except "we're processing."

Take notes.Ask for records if they talk about what happened.

Contact a member of the Wisconsin Assn for Justice who handles medical cases--they give free consults.

2 Answers | Asked in Wrongful Death for Wisconsin on
Q: My friend's brother is refusing to share documents regarding their mother's death, does she have legal rights to them?

My friend's mother was killed 16 years ago and her brother recently received documents with information about how she died among other things. She asked her brother if she would be able to see the documents but he has refused, stating that he doesn't want to relive the tragedy.... View More

Emmanuel Muwonge
Emmanuel Muwonge
answered on Jan 9, 2018

Based upon the limited information you have provided, I believe that the individual refusing to share the information has every right to hold on to information that is not owned by the individual requesting they share the information. In other words, your friend's brother undertook singular... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death and Car Accidents for Wisconsin on
Q: Would a car making a right turn be at fault if they crossed into the left lane and then turned right.
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Dec 26, 2017

Normally. However if you aren't sure, and you were hurt, why not call a member of the Wisc. Assn for Justice--they give free consults. Most intersection collisions depend on who is where, when.

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law, Personal Injury, Wrongful Death and Criminal Law for Wisconsin on
Q: If I train a dog to shoot a gun and it kills someone will I be held responsible

I hypothetically trained my dog to shoot a gun and he killed someone am I in trouble or is my dog in trouble

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Dec 12, 2017

Both of you. Big trouble. Don't even think about it. If it did happen you need to speak with an attorney who handles criminal defense of homide cases.

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death and Criminal Law for Wisconsin on
Q: If a person is said to be non competent to stand trial because of head injuries can they be tried at a later time?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Oct 25, 2017

Usually yes.Consult the victim assistance coordinator at the DA's office.

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death for Wisconsin on
Q: i won a lawsuit when my son died and my attorney withheld 20% for one year if his dad claimed it, he didnt

now my attorney wants to take fees from that money, can he

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Dec 1, 2016

If he didn't charge fees on the money before --yes. If he already charged a fee on the total amount including the 20% seems like he's already covered that and it would be a double dip.

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law, Wrongful Death and Small Claims for Wisconsin on
Q: Roommate put my dogs outside alone and one escaped and got hit by a car. Can I hold her accountable for the vet bill?

My roommate decided to let my dogs out while I was at work. Normally I keep them crated while I am gone. Since my dogs are familiar with her I don't mind that she plays with them from time to time but I never asked as a roommate that she has to let them out daily. Since she has lost both of my... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jul 6, 2016

You could. Not sure you would win as the standard is also if her conduct is reasonable. If it's a fenced in yard, unless they've escaped before it might seem reasonable to let them out and do something in the vicinity.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.