Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
COVID-19 Kentucky Child Support Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Child Support for Kentucky on
Q: Can my ex wife making me pay her lawyer over a motion on modification of Child support.

My ex wife and I have been divorced 2013 now our oldest Son is 19 will be out of school in May. My ex wife is trying to get me to keep paying for child support on him and try to say he’s Whole dependent. He has autism is very high functioning. Last year I found out he was not attending aftercare... Read more »

Paul Ylvisaker
Paul Ylvisaker
answered on Jan 4, 2021

She can request attorney’s fees and costs and the court can awasrd them. However such requests and orders are usually based on malfeasance by one party or the other. Income disparity can be a factor,

Child supoort can be awarded for a child beyond emancipation, but the standard is very...
Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.