Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
COVID-19 Pennsylvania Child Custody Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Pennsylvania on
Q: Social distancing and covid concerns

We have 50/50 custody of my stepson and also take care of my husbands elderly mother. She is considered high risk. Today we found out that my husbands ex has not been practicing social distancing and has been letting their son play with children closely. Talks in the house have been it might not... Read more »

Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
answered on Jun 18, 2020

If there's no court order, there aren't any "official" rules by which to play -- at least right now. He has two recourses: (1) work it out informally, just like he always has, or (2) file a Complaint for Custody and let the court sort everything out.

Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Pennsylvania on
Q: My husband(we're separated) overdosed and attempted suicide 5 days ago. He's in the hospital on a psychiatric unit for 3

More days. I'm concerned for our children's safety and want to seek full custody. They chose to live with me. He moved out. There's a history of domestic abuse from him which the kids and I are receiving counseling at Victim Services through the YWCA.

Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
answered on Jun 4, 2020

Sounds like you have very valid grounds in which to file an emergency petition to modify custody -- if there's even a custody order in place at all (which is unclear from your question). If not, you should certainly seek one. If so, you could file an emergency petition to seek your... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody for Pennsylvania on
Q: My custody order allows an expanded or altered schedule. Could the PA stay at home order fall under this provision?

This custody order is outdated; the original schedule fit within the circumstances that I was in at the time the order was put in place, but no longer does. One thing that has not changed is that I have primary physical custody, the father has partial custody and we share legal custody. As stated... Read more »

Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
answered on Apr 2, 2020

I'd say no, because the key here is "mutual agreement." If you two can agree to something other than what's written in the original Order -- and you say that you've already done this -- then no harm/no foul if no one's complaining. But it doesn't sound like it... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.