Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Mississippi Copyright Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Copyright for Mississippi on
Q: Can the name Sturgis be used by Sturgis MS to name a motorcycle event, t-shirts, banners, advertisements for event?
Marcos Garciaacosta
Marcos Garciaacosta
answered on Aug 5, 2021

You need to do a search for whether the trademark is registered and consult with an attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright and Estate Planning for Mississippi on
Q: Hi can grand kids fight for money that grandfather left them when they were younger that was stolen from them by uncle .

Also grandfather left their mother money but before she could get it she passed away ...her half was suppose to go to her 3 children,right?

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst
answered on Dec 6, 2019

Your claim is premised on the contention that the children should have inherited from their mother. That may be true, but it is not necessarily true. There are not enough facts stated in your question to determine that. Your mother might not have inherited from your grandfather at all if she did... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright and Trademark for Mississippi on
Q: How do I pick up where I left off on my trademark logo. I thought it was finished
Michael Gerity
Michael Gerity
answered on Sep 13, 2017

Hello. Unfortunately, it's impossible to answer your question without knowing exactly where it is you left off. Assuming you are filing for federal registration, after you file, nothing much happens for quite a while (several months). Then an examiner is assigned, and very often they will... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.