Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
New Hampshire Employment Discrimination Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for New Hampshire on
Q: Can your employer change how you use your vacation time in the middle of the year? Explanation below.

We have always been able to call out and use vacation time to cover hours lost.( I have been at the same work place for over 27 years). More than half the employees have already used up their vacation time by calling out(without any prior notice). Now, my employer decides to say you can no longer... Read more »

Rhiannon Herbert
Rhiannon Herbert answered on Oct 14, 2020

While this policy change seems unfair, there is nothing unlawful about it. Employers are not required to offer paid time off such as vacation time, so as a result, they have a lot of discretion regarding the rules and policies they create for using vacation time.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for New Hampshire on
Q: Been falsely accused at work of an affair with an employee based on an error in an expense report I approved.

I've always had a good report with my employees but now I'm worried they will start digging through emails and misconstrue funny / friendly IMs and Email. What should I do ?

Raul Jauregui
Raul Jauregui answered on Jun 11, 2020

welp, I don't think this is as much of a legal question as one of perception and general office culture well being. So my reaction would not be legal, but would be to look at the better examples of people who have first changed their office's culture and later, if the matter came up,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for New Hampshire on
Q: How long can my employer keep me on a mandatory unpaid leave not related to conduct?

First they put me on a pip out of the blue after 17 months of employment without warning, many of the details are for things that others do and things i have done throughout the duration of my employment. Ive done very well on the pip.

Recently they say someone found a bedbug and they are... Read more »

Joseph Kelly Levasseur
Joseph Kelly Levasseur answered on Dec 8, 2017

I would look first at the employee handbook to see what the policy is for being forced out of your job or put on unpaid leave and make sure they are following the procedures outlined in the handbook. If there is nothing in the handbook that protects you from this then you should call the Labor... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Civil Rights for New Hampshire on
Q: (racism) one of my professor she behaved with me and my wife in front what can I do I can't prove it

First appointment she told me you will not continue on this program . Many times ask me to change my seat . When I try to figure why I get that grade And try to ask her how can I improve she have an answer before I ask my question. For example if I have a question related to the lecture she told... Read more »

Joseph Kelly Levasseur
Joseph Kelly Levasseur answered on Dec 8, 2017

The best option is to contact the Dean of the school and file a complaint immediately. You can also find the student representative that was most likely assigned to you when you started school. You may also be able to file a complaint with the Human Rights Commission in Concord, NH. Good Luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.