Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Albert Hansen
2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for New Hampshire on
Q: Aftergetting guilty verdict dui bench trial.Mistakes made by judge.Should I put motion in pointing them out or on appeal
Albert Hansen
Albert Hansen
answered on Jul 28, 2023

File a Motion to Reconsider citing the issues of law or findings of fact you believe the Judge misapprehended. This must be done within 10 days of sentencing. If you are outside that 10-day window, file a Motion for Late Filing as well explaining why you were late. This tolls the 30-day appeal... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Maine on
Q: Married in NYC in 2016, moved to Maine in Sept. 2023. My wife left in Oct and is living in PA. What state do I file?

I was financial support until move. I am currently unemployed. What are the financial implications? What about savings I had before we were married?

Albert Hansen
Albert Hansen
answered on Nov 1, 2023

You may be able to file in Maine now if that is where the cause of divorce accrued. If not, Maine cannot exercise jurisdiction until you've lived here in good faith for 6 months prior to filing the divorce. The other questions cannot be answered without more facts.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for New Hampshire on
Q: End of dui bench trial. Judge said we had 10 days to get closing statement in. Would judge give prosecutor more time?
Albert Hansen
Albert Hansen
answered on Jul 27, 2023

The Judge could give the prosecutor more time if he or she asks for it and he or she has a good reason for asking for it.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for New Hampshire on
Q: What should I do? I was arrested in 2011 and just vacated my warrant and set new hearing date.

I was arrested 10 years ago in New Hampshire for DUI and possession of marijuana. I was in the middle of moving out-of-state at the time, being a young and dumb 22 year old I left anyway without notifying the court or explaining to them my situation. Subsequently, I had a bench warrant placed out... View More

Albert Hansen
Albert Hansen
answered on Apr 26, 2021

You should definitely hire a lawyer. Feel free to call me at (207) 467-3767 for a free consultation.

2 Answers | Asked in Business Law and Divorce for Maine on
Q: My wife get a loan for a building before we got married after a month we got married and we made it business and house.

Back then we said we will have the business and the building 50-50. We spend a lot of money to make it restaurant because was offices and the top floor we made it apartment with bathroom and everything. She never paid a penny before we got married she just get the loan on her name before and... View More

Albert Hansen
Albert Hansen
answered on Aug 18, 2020

Yes, you have an equitable interest in the property and should be compensated.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.