Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Russell E. Farbiarz
2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for Pennsylvania on
Q: Does my mother need to specify beneficiaries on her accounts or is the Will sufficient to settle the estate?

My mother has no beneficiaries on her financial accounts. The Will states that she bequeaths $10,000 to each of her grandchildren. There are 4 (four) grandchildren; the remainder divided equally among her 3 (three) children. Therefore, very difficult to specify beneficiaries. The Will states that I... Read more »

Russell E. Farbiarz
Russell E. Farbiarz answered on Apr 13, 2020

You should contact an Estate lawyer in your area immediately. Generally speaking, a will can and does distirbute probate assets - assets owned in the decedents name at the time of death. While you can put beneficiary designations on bank accounts, if there are not designations then the asset... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: How do i sign away my parental rights without having to pay any child support.

5 year old son.

I've only seen him for about 9 months of his life.

The mother makes my life a living hell and it will be easier for me emotionally just to have no part of his life seeing as the mother and her husband have been raising him since he was born.

Russell E. Farbiarz
Russell E. Farbiarz answered on Apr 13, 2020

You should certainly consult a family law attorney in your area as this is a very important decision that should not be taken lightly. As Mr. Levine has correctly pointed out, if the child's mother's husband is willing to adopt your child, you could voluntarily terminate your parental... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Pennsylvania on
Q: Hello, my wife has just handed me an “acceptance of service”and asked me to sign. What does this mean?

I am in Montgomery county, pennsylvania

Russell E. Farbiarz
Russell E. Farbiarz answered on Apr 10, 2020

First off, you should contact a divorce attorney immediately to review anything before you sign it. Typically an acceptance of service is a document that verifies that you have been served with a complaint (in your case it sounds like a complaint in divorce). Read the document. If you... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.