Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Tracy Galloway
2 Answers | Asked in Divorce and Family Law for Massachusetts on
Q: One hundred and twenty characters is a tweet, not a legal question. See below.

I was married in 2000. My daughter ws born in 2002. I was divorced in 2007.

We have joint legal custody. I have sole physical custody. My ex pays me child support.

We were each going to pay for half of college--tuition, room, and board.

Since my daughter is going to be... View More

Tracy Galloway
Tracy Galloway
answered on Aug 5, 2020

No. But your child support payment should not be decreased, as is now the standard for when a child reaches the age of 18.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Massachusetts on
Q: My mom has had my child living with her for 3 years she's 5, I have maintained custody of her, how do I get her back?

My mother has had her for 3 years because I was homeless for a time of 9 months and didn't want to take my young child to a shelter so I gave her to my mother but maintained custody of her. My mother limits my contact to almost nothing with my child and the little contact I do have with her is... View More

Tracy Galloway
Tracy Galloway
answered on Aug 1, 2020

If your mother has no legal authority at present, if you try to simply “take” your daughter back, she may try to go to court to get temporary guardianship anyhow. Do you have any contact with your daughter’s pediatrician? Since you have legal custody of your daughter you should be included as... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.