Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Steven Robert Tabano

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Pennsylvania on

Q: i am planning to relocate to fl with my family in 6 weeks but but my 14 yr old daughter's dad is not being coropitive

my daughter has lived with me her whole life and step dad for over 6 yrs he doesnt help with anything or follow custody order we all want to move as a family.she has 1 brother 2 sisters a step brother and sister that she lives with.She wants to move with us but her dad wont even plan visitaton or... Read more »

Steven Robert Tabano answered on Jan 6, 2017

You must file a Petition for Relocation and follow the appropriate rules before you move or you could be forced to return to Pennsylvania with your daughter. You should immediately contact an attorney in your area to discuss this matter.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Pennsylvania on

Q: I'm currently pregnant and still with my boyfriend. Can I get custody of our daughter even if we're still dating?

I'm 23 years old. We've been living together for a little over a year. We're not married. I make more money than him. He has a 4 year son from his last relationship and pays child support.

Steven Robert Tabano answered on Oct 2, 2014

Your marital status has nothing to do with either custody or child support. However, neither a custody or support case can begin until after the child is born. A father has an obligation to support his children and also has the right to custody time with the child (although this is usually very... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Pennsylvania on

Q: My mom has raised my daughter for 2 years but has no custody. Can I get her back? She won't let me see her at all.

My mom has raised my daughter, but we have never been to court at all. She hasn't filed for custody or temporary custody or anything. I went to visit her the other day and my mother wouldn't allow me to see her. Am I able to pick her up? I don't have anything on paper stating I have custody of... Read more »

Steven Robert Tabano answered on Oct 2, 2014

Since your mother has had physical custody of your daughter for so long she now had legal "standing" regarding her custody. In other words, she is now involved and part of your custody case. You would need to file a complaint for custody naming both her and the father as a parties. You can also... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.