Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Douglas Edmunds
2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning and Real Estate Law for Arizona on
Q: Can one attorney handle deed issues in 2 different counties in Arizona?

Mom is in hospice in Texas. She owns a property in Maricopa and Gila counties. Will need to get daughters name added to the deeds of these properties and on the Maricopa property we need to remove her husband who passed away.

Douglas Edmunds
Douglas Edmunds answered on Jun 5, 2019

It can be done. The most difficult part of something like this is ensuring that the former spouse can be removed simply. How easy that is depends on how they held title together. Finally, a beneficiary deed might be a better fit than adding daughter to the deed. It depends on the reasons for doing... Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Arizona on
Q: I filed a Chapter 7 in May of 2018, after my 2017 return was spent on reasonable things. Can the trustee ask for tax

returns that I file for in 2019? What would happen if I didn't pay them? I am considered a low-income family.

Douglas Edmunds
Douglas Edmunds answered on Jan 8, 2019

If your case is still open, it is possible that you will have to turn over a portion of your return. The amount would likely be 5/12 of the refund you receive because you filed in May. If you have any attorney, they can assist you in determining how best to handle this. Ultimately, if your trustee... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.