Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Mr. Richard C Koman
1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for Wisconsin on
Q: If you purse an existing debt after a bankruptcy is complete will the debtor have to repay?
Mr. Richard C Koman
Mr. Richard C Koman answered on Nov 11, 2010

If I follow the question correctly, you are asking if the debt still exists after the bankruptcy discharge? In general terms, no - a Chapter 7 bankruptcy wipes out the debt - assuming we are talking about an unsecured nonpriority claim. In various scenarios, the debt could still remain.

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for California on
Q: Can u legally get a sixty day notice to leave your appartment for no reason at all
Mr. Richard C Koman
Mr. Richard C Koman answered on Nov 11, 2010

Yes. That is what a 60 day is for - for the landlord to be able to choose whom she wants to live in her property. The only exception to this is the landlord can't evict for an "improper" purpose - meaning retailation, discrimination, that sort of thing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.