Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Lynette Silon-Laguna
2 Answers | Asked in Divorce and Family Law for Florida on
Q: Located on tampa, fl. I am going through a separation with my wife. Who should leave the house to have space, me or her?

My wife wants to separate and i need space from her. She says she wont be leaving the house we rent. She is never home and barely takes care of the kids. I want her to leave so I can focus on me and the kids. Who should leave the house since its technically rented and neither of us own the house.

Lynette Silon-Laguna
Lynette Silon-Laguna answered on May 2, 2021

Unfortunately, if you and your wife decide to separate, neither of you can be made to leave the house, even if it is rented. One of you must voluntarily leave. There is nothing legally you can do until the lease runs out. If you file for divorce, that is one of the issues which would be resolved;... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Florida on
Q: Does "the court reserves to all matters" mean I have to go back to court for my house after a divorce?

I got divorced 3 years ago.

The "final judgement" document that I have states, in relation to my house, that "the court reserves to all matters relating to the house equitable distribution, assets and debts

Lynette Silon-Laguna
Lynette Silon-Laguna answered on Mar 15, 2021

Hello! If the court reserves in a final judgment on an asset, alimony, or attorney fees, for example, that means that there has not been a decision made as to the outcome of the reserved matter and that it will or can be litigated or agreed upon in the future. You would have to motion the court... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Florida on
Q: Is there anything I can do re the following circumstance with my divorce?

Is there anything I can do re the following circumstance? For the last 10+ years my husband has worked overtime every week and as a result he has earned anywhere between $15-25 thousand dollars each year on top of his base salary. Now that I have started to fill out the divorce papers he has... Read more »

Lynette Silon-Laguna
Lynette Silon-Laguna answered on Mar 8, 2021

Hello! Simply put, the court will look at what he has earned in the past and whether he is intentionally not working additional hours to lower his income in expectation of divorce. Unfortunately, since we do not practice in West Palm Beach, we cannot help you with this. We do wish you the best!

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.