Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Christopher J. Salcido
3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Utah on
Q: I ended up getting him drugs thinking that he was an old associate of mine but he was really an undercover cop that got

Is that entrapment

Christopher J. Salcido
Christopher J. Salcido answered on May 4, 2019

Sorry you didn't provide enough information to give a meaningful review of your case. I would suggest calling speaking with a criminal defense attorney.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Utah on
Q: How do I prove my husband's innocence with a gun charge? His brother and I are an eye witnesses to his innocence.

The cops never searched him when they got the call. They only called him. He is currently in prison for this. They have no prof/evidence there was ever a gun. Just by word of mouth.

Christopher J. Salcido
Christopher J. Salcido answered on Mar 9, 2019

To answer your question properly would require a more detailed conversation then what can probably be responded to here. You should speak with a criminal defense lawyer asap.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Utah on
Q: My wife has been hitting me.this time a physically restrained her and had my daughter call 911 when police arrived she

Said I hit her and the kids didn't see I was arrested.this 100% did not happen. They both have seen her hit me at least 3times(solid punch) can I be exonerated?

Christopher J. Salcido
Christopher J. Salcido answered on Sep 21, 2017

You need to call and speak to a criminal defense attorney asap about the details. Most of us provide free consultations right over the phone.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Utah on
Q: Divorcing after 23 years. Wife makes $4100 gross I make $7400 gross. What to expect for alimony?

2 children will be paying $1200 child support. Wife is keeping home.

Christopher J. Salcido
Christopher J. Salcido answered on Feb 16, 2017

The primary factors for alimony are as follows: length of marriage, your ability to pay, your spouse's need. Feel free to contact me to discuss details.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Utah on
Q: If my daughters dad took my daughter and won't give her back.

Neither of us have custody she lives with me we were never married don't I have sole custody?

Christopher J. Salcido
Christopher J. Salcido answered on Feb 1, 2017

No. You don't have any court orders yet. You need to get into court asap.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce and Family Law for Utah on
Q: Does she have legal recourse if I don't pay?

My kids mom is attending school and asked my wife and I for help with childcare last year and we rearranged our work schedules at a cost to us, to accommodate her classes. This year she added some classes/ days and has again asked that we help. We agreed to help but asked that she pay $5/wk for... Read more »

Christopher J. Salcido
Christopher J. Salcido answered on Feb 1, 2017

The answer is likely yes but we would need to review the terms of your decree to be sure of what your responsibilities are here. You may want to take the issue to the judge since it sounds like your decree favors personal child care over surrogate and it seems absurd she would choose day care at... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.