Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Mr. Paul Richard Sullivan Jr.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Pennsylvania on

Q: How do I file a job loss claim of age discrimination?

Mr. Paul Richard Sullivan Jr. answered on Jun 7, 2013

Before bringing a law suit for age discrimination, an employee must first file a complaint with an administrative agency. In Pennsylvania,, you may file a complaint of age discrimination with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (if your employer has more than 20 employees), or the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Pennsylvania on

Q: I got fired and they didn't have any written policies. We were going to be reviewed on the day they fired me

They were also conducting interviews 2 days before they fired me for my position. Is that legal?

Mr. Paul Richard Sullivan Jr. answered on Jun 3, 2013

Pennsylvania is what is known as an at-will employment state. This means that employers may fire employees at any time, for any non-discriminatory reason. If you have reason to believe you were fired because of discrimination based on your age, race, national origin, religion, gender or disability,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Pennsylvania on

Q: What do you do when your supervisor tells your coworkers about your medical condition against your wishes

Mr. Paul Richard Sullivan Jr. answered on Apr 1, 2013

Unfortunately, you probably don’t have much recourse at the moment. However, I highly recommend documenting each incident, in case you enter litigation at a later date.

Having evidence that you have been regarded as disabled by your manager would be very valuable, if you’re ever...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.