Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by George Aldrich
6 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for California on
Q: I was in a boat fire and suffered 3&4th degree burns on my hands and face. How do I file a claim for damages?

My friend & I were in a boat fire and suffered 3&4 the degree burns over large amounts of our bodies. We were hospitalized for over a month while intubated coma. How do I file a claim for damages?

George Aldrich
George Aldrich
answered on Sep 1, 2020

Thank you for the question. The short answer is to contact the owner of the boat, or the responsible party for the accident and get their insurance information. Once you have that you can call and file a claim directly with the insurance carrier. Be prepared to discuss the cause of the fire, and if... View More

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation for California on
Q: What sources would Defense attorneys use to identify Plaintiff’s present and past employers (loss of income)?
George Aldrich
George Aldrich
answered on Aug 28, 2020

Thank you for asking this question. Typically defense attorneys will look at tax records (w2's, tax return's etc. ) to determine your loss of income. Further, records from your employer regarding your time cards can be used, and also any pay stubs. What the defense attorney is looking for... View More

View More Answers

5 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Products Liability for California on
Q: Can a driver with no valid driver's license due you in an accident that wasn't your fault?

He is a Mexican resident with only a California I'd card states Federal Limits Apply.

He doesnt have a valid license so apparently can not get insurance this, can he sue me?

George Aldrich
George Aldrich
answered on Apr 9, 2020

Yes you can be sued for an accident.

The requirements are not a license or even if the other party has valid insurance. Just that someone is liable (at fault), there are injuries, the at fault party caused them and the cost to fix them.

I understand you believe that the accident...
View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.