Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Eydie R. Glassman
2 Answers | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Maryland on
Q: Can a job terminate you for an invalid reason, retract the termination & offer you a different position at a lower rate?

My termination was retaliation due to complaints of discrimination & inappropriate touching against my peers. I challenged the termination & they tried to force me to take a lesser position. I have no previous work performance issues. The HR department is refusing to allow me access to my... View More

Eydie R. Glassman
Eydie R. Glassman
answered on Apr 27, 2021

You should find an employment lawyer in your state to see if you have claims for discrimination and retaliation. You would also have a claim for the company denying you access to your personnel file. They m ay attempt to dispute your unemployment benefits so it is good that you have both letters... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.