Questions Answered by David C. Veazey

Q: How can I motion the court about the custody of my children in Tennessee from MN? We are MN residents kids in dcs tn

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Tennessee on
Answered on Oct 10, 2018
David C. Veazey's answer
You raise a lot of issues. Since you have a court-appointed attorney, you need to make use of that as best you can. If you believe the attorney is not representing you effectively, first try to schedule a time to meet with her. Bring up your concerns and ask her what you need to do to get your visitation back, and eventually custody. If after that meeting, you still feel that you and your attorney cannot see eye to eye, explain your concerns about her to the court, either at the next review...

Q: If a 17 year old is caught with 149.5 grams of marijuana and scales in Rutherford county can they be charged as an adult

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee on
Answered on May 21, 2018
David C. Veazey's answer
It is not automatic that he would be tried as an adult. Even though he will be 18 before the court date, the offense was supposedly committed before he was 18 and Juvenile Court has jurisdiction over him until he is 19. If the D.A. wanted to try him as an adult, there would have to be a special Transfer Hearing in front of the Juvenile Court Judge to determine whether he would be tried as a juvenile or as an adult.

Q: What steps do i take to get my truck that was seized by Robertson co police.all chargeswere in tn

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee on
Answered on Mar 20, 2018
David C. Veazey's answer
You should have received a document at the time of the seizure explaining your right to appeal a forfeiture warrant in your county's General Sessions Court within 10 days. You may further request an administrative hearing before the Tennessee Department of Safety within 30 days of them sending notice to your last known address. The odds are stacked against you in these proceedings. The Department of Safety will generally bargain with you. However, if you have missed the 30 day deadline to...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.