Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Justin Mishkin
1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Washington on
Q: What happens in WA state when an unfiled summons, declaration and complaint are served without the attachments?
Justin Mishkin
Justin Mishkin answered on Dec 17, 2021

In Washington State, the initial served pleadings generally are not required to be filed or to include attachments. You should consult with an attorney if you have been served as there are important deadlines you should be aware of in order to prevent a default.

4 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Washington on
Q: I need advice on starting negotiations for my pain and suffering settlement because of a car accident.

Arbitration determined the other party was 100% at fault. dash cam footage shows the driver turned sideways on the freeway right in front of us. My husband was driving, I was in the front passenger seat and our 13 month old daughter was in the back in her carseat. We all went to the ER, but not via... Read more »

Justin Mishkin
Justin Mishkin answered on Jul 21, 2021

Good morning. My answer will be general in nature. The demand amount would typically depend on the specific facts surrounding your case. It appears you , your husband and your child may all have claims. Since the child is a minor, there may be additional consideration in making the demand.... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy and Divorce for Washington on
Q: Can I go bankrupt post divorce to avoid paying a property settlement while still keeping my home? Chapter 13?

basically my wife has taken everything and I want to keep our home. I will have to buy her out, but will need to file chapter 13 after. Can I include this settlement to avoid having to pay her. I have already paid over $50K in alimony and $80K in attorney fees,

Justin Mishkin
Justin Mishkin answered on Jul 21, 2021

Good morning. My answer is general in nature and if you would like a specific answer based on your facts, feel free to contact my office or another bankruptcy practitioner. A general answer is no, you will likely not be able to discharge the divorce settlement in a bankruptcy, however, there may... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.