Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Amanda J Iannuzzelli

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Pennsylvania on

Q: Dad had dui class during his scheduled time with son. Am I obligated to let him make up lost time?

His scheduled time is 10-6pm. He won’t be able to get him until 12:30. I know he will ask o’clock or later to make up the time. But I was not aware of this class. And don’t feel I am obligated to. Is there a law about that ?

Amanda J Iannuzzelli answered on Apr 7, 2018

Legally speaking, are absolutely under no obligation to provide “make-up time” to a parent who has to miss part of their custodial time due to a prior obligation. If you have a custody order issued by the Court, you are only required to relinquish custody of your child for the time specified... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Pennsylvania on

Q: Just found out my father's daughter left the state without notifying anyone. What can I do about support and visitation

Amanda J Iannuzzelli answered on Apr 3, 2018

From your question, it is not clear whether you currently live in Pennsylvania, or if PA is the state in which your child's father's new residence is located. Regardless, when parties live in different states, jurisdiction can be a confusing and complicated issue to untangle. Due to the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Pennsylvania on

Q: Father got new charges for DUI, can I file for contempt?

Have shared custody with my son father. Before that we have supervised visits for 4 hrs once a week then went to 8hrs unsupervised after he did some parenting classes and some kind of evaluation and now he has every other weekend over night. He has a long criminal record with lots of DUI’s.... Read more »

Amanda J Iannuzzelli answered on Apr 2, 2018

You may file a Petition for Contempt of Custody Order against your child’s father if your order clearly states that he is to abstain from the use of alcohol. A failure to abide by and follow the terms of a court order is typically grounds for a Petition for Contempt. However, depending on the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Support for Pennsylvania on

Q: My ex-wife has 3 kids and I have been hearing all over town that none of the kids are mine and the state of PA

The state of Pennsylvania said since I'm disabled I don't have to pay child support what can I do

Amanda J Iannuzzelli answered on Apr 1, 2018

First and foremost, it appears that you are having an issue with both paternity and child support. Typically, both of these matters are handled in the Domestic Relations section of your local Court of Common Pleas and are automatically addressed when the parents are of a child for whom support is... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Pennsylvania on

Q: I misplaced my order for custody. I would'nt want to be held in contempt. How do I get a copy of my order?

Amanda J Iannuzzelli answered on Apr 1, 2018

It is very easy to obtain a copy of your current custody order. The fastest way to do this would be to go to the Prothonotary of the courthouse where your case is on file and the Order was initially entered. Remember to bring a copy of your photo I.D. and cash to pay for the copy pages. If you... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.