Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Ethan M. Weisinger
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Rights for California on
Q: Im married, What rights do I have to travel with my daughter out of state?

I live in California and I would like to attend a funeral in Oregon with my daughter. My husband hates my family and has threatened to call 911 and claim I kidnapped our daughter if I attempt to take her out of state. I'm wondering what rights I have to travel with her and/or what actions I... View More

Ethan M. Weisinger
Ethan M. Weisinger pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 4, 2020

Absent a court order, you are permitted to travel with your children freely, without any restriction. As a parent of your children, you have authority to travel with them, unless a court imposes restrictions on your ability to travel. If your spouse calls the police on you, tell the police that... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.