Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by William Beck
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: I’m I in violation of a protection order if I did a welfare check on my wife?

So I have a protection order against my wife. The school called and said my wife has not showed up to pick my kids up and it has been 30 minutes and then I called 911 to do a welfare check on her.

William Beck
William Beck
answered on Nov 9, 2022

Generally speaking, contacting the police is not a crime. However, it would be best to be extremely cautious if you are dealing with someone who has a protection order against you, as any contact could lead to charges being filed against you. The best intentioned action rarely gets a free pass on... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Colorado on
Q: If I've been convinced of class 5 felony eluding and a misdemeanor 3+ dui, is there a mandatory minimum in Colorado?
William Beck
William Beck
answered on Nov 9, 2022

There is no mandatory minimum for a class 5 felony eluding charge, but there is a mandatory minimum for a DUI with prior offenses. If you have two or more prior DUI convictions, you will do a minimum of 60 days in the county jail; though many jurisdictions within Colorado require significantly more... View More

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI, Traffic Tickets and Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: Do I need a criminal defense lawyer to fight an unmarked state trooper's conducts against my 17 yrs old {d} for traffic

Daughter was recently pulled over by an unmarked state trooper for what the trooper thought was ignoring a stop sign when in fact there is a incoming traffic does not stop sign is posted where he thought she almost came too close to another car when she legally had the right of way. He had no... View More

William Beck
William Beck
answered on Nov 8, 2022

Having a knowledgable criminal defense attorney is always helpful, because "you don't know what you don't know". From what you have shared, it seems like there are some good defenses that could be used to help your child avoid a conviction for DUI.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.