Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Rana Parsanj
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for California on
Q: Hi! OK So I got arrested yesterday for the sale of xanax to an undercover cop in Los Angeles (Santa Monica) 11375(b)(1)

I have a prior dismissal in 2014 of possession. Will I be going to jail for this? I have a family and it was a one time thing.

I spent 3 hours in jail yesterday and it was the worst 3 hours of my life. It was a moronic mistake which I will never repeat again..what is going to happen!!

Rana Parsanj
Rana Parsanj answered on Aug 30, 2017

You have been arrested for a matter that may be charged in a variety of ways. Regardless of the charge, Adequate representation is necessary to protect your rights and defend your liberty. An attorney can provide further consultation with more information regarding your prior history and the nature... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Banking for California on
Q: Money laundering for client

If a client asked me to deposit cash into a bank account and I knew it could be considered money laundering but did it anyway and used my ID at the bank to deposit the cash, can I be found guilty along with them?

Rana Parsanj
Rana Parsanj answered on Aug 21, 2017

Aiding or abetting is an accomplice theory of liability for the predicate crime that an "accomplice" can be charged with in a criminal matter. If a person is charged under an accomplice theory, they can be charged and sentenced in the same manner as the "principal". Knowledge... Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for California on
Q: Can I get my charges reduced from a misdemeanor to an infraction?

I have received a ticket for driving without a license and it is under a misdemeanor offense. This is my first offense and I have recently received my drivers license. I am scheduled to appear in court for next month.

Rana Parsanj
Rana Parsanj answered on Aug 8, 2017

If you were charged with CA Vehicle Code Section 12500(a) it is possible to reduce your charges to an infraction. If you need assistance with this matter an attorney goes a long way to assist you in your matter. Contact Parsanj Law Group (818) 273-1360 to get help in your legal matter.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for California on
Q: Does the prosecutor have to present all of the People's evidence, including police video, or can he/she be selective?
Rana Parsanj
Rana Parsanj answered on Aug 4, 2017

A prosecutor in a criminal trial is a minister of justice and does not take on the role of an advocate for a party. The obligations of what a prosecutor must provide in discovery to a person accused of a crime versus the tactical choices an individual prosecutor may make during a criminal trial are... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for California on
Q: In a criminal case, can the prosecutor call the defendant to testify as their first witness?
Rana Parsanj
Rana Parsanj answered on Aug 3, 2017

The Defendant in a criminal matter may not be compelled to testify in a criminal matter against themselves. 5th amendment of the U.S. Constitution, "Nor shall any person be... compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself..."

Take care.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.