Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Maxwell A. Hills
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for California on
Q: How would I go about transferring a case to another state, after a judgment has been entered for a divorce.

Judgement was entered in California. Now I'm moving back to Nevada where my children and former spouse are. I need to get our marital separation and child support reevaluated.

Maxwell A. Hills
Maxwell A. Hills answered on May 16, 2017

You need to check with a Nevada attorney. There will likely be jurisdictional requirements that must be met before you can pursue any modification or action in Nevada. For example, in California, you must hold residency in the state for a prescribed amount of time before you may file in CA.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California on
Q: I need a good pro bono lawyer. Can anyone please help before it's to late

I live in Orick California

Maxwell A. Hills
Maxwell A. Hills answered on May 16, 2017

Contact the State Bar for recommendations. Sometimes local Law Schools may operate free clinics that could be assistance.

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Probate and Small Claims for California on
Q: My mother passed away and her same sex domestic partner is avoiding me. She has presented no will. What can I do?

She has started packing to move and time is limited. How do I get some of my mother's things before they are moved to another state and unobtainable?

Maxwell A. Hills
Maxwell A. Hills answered on May 16, 2017

This is a question to post in the Trusts and Estates/Probate Section. While it involves some Crossover Family Law issues, the other forum members will be better equipped to answer you question. This may be time sensitive and you should seek counsel forthwith.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.