Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Elizabeth A. Arwood
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Washington on
Q: Is there anything I can do if my children's mother keeps telling my kids lies and things they do not need to hear?

For instance:

- My children told me that their mom isn't working anymore, but that she told them not to tell me or else I would try to take them away from her.

- She told my children that I didn't want to share Easter with her (which is the opposite) and that I wasn't... View More

Elizabeth A. Arwood
Elizabeth A. Arwood
answered on May 7, 2019

As your question indicates, it is not in a child's best interest to discuss the Court case with children, involve them in parenting decisions, or disparage the other parent to the children. Your remedies regarding this situation depend on a lot of contingencies, such as if you already have a... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Washington on
Q: My spouse and I are going thru custody case.I learned child has missed 12 days-47 tardy. Is this neglect?

We are both petitioning for full custody.

Elizabeth A. Arwood
Elizabeth A. Arwood
answered on May 7, 2019

It's difficult to answer this without more information regarding the cause of the absences. Neglect in Washington is defined as negligent treatment or maltreatment of a child by any person under circumstances which indicate that the child's health, welfare, and safety is harmed. In... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.