Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Kristofer D. Leavitt
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Nevada on
Q: My daughter has resided with me for the past 3 years, what are my rights as a father.

My daughter has stayed with her mother when her mother came around. The first 2 years she only stayed with her mom 3 days or less some times none a month during the 2 years. Recently she has been going with her 3-6 days every other week. I have been trying to keep my daughter from going with her... View More

Kristofer D. Leavitt
Kristofer D. Leavitt
answered on Jan 26, 2018

It sounds as if there is no custody arrangement in place (or else custody would be handled by the agreement). You have at least two options. First, you could voluntarily come up with a parenting agreement between you and the mother, but it sounds like finding a mutual agreement is unlikely.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Divorce and Family Law for Nevada on
Q: How do I get partial custody to have extended periods of time with my child who my wife has taken out of state.

I’m in a legal separation, my wife went on what I thought was a quick trip to see her family and ended up not coming back. She then filed for legal separation. I have had one hearing already and the judge when I asked for my wife to be ordered to return with my child because I did not give... View More

Kristofer D. Leavitt
Kristofer D. Leavitt
answered on Jan 26, 2018

You will need to seek an temporary or permanent order from the judge. You may be able to do this within the legal separation proceedings or you may need to start formal divorce/child custody proceedings.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.