Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Michael A. Anidjar
2 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Estate Planning, Family Law and Real Estate Law for Florida on
Q: Is there a way to sell or gift an inherited house to my daughter then sell it.

I pay 850 for child support with 1000 extra billed to me a month by mistake. I owe 110000. It is just my daughter and I and I am going to lose this house for back property taxes. I am not trying to dodge any legit payment I owe I am only trying to help my daughter and I survive. I am on disability... View More

Michael A. Anidjar
Michael A. Anidjar
answered on Aug 14, 2022

It is not exactly clear what has happened or will happen when you state in your question "sell or gift an inherited house" since inherited is past tense, does not clearly indicate if ownership has been accepted/acknowledged.

I also do not understand what you mean by the $1,000...
View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.