Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Juan G Ramos
4 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas on
Q: I'm looking for clarity on the "Parents who reside more than 100 miles apart".

My son's mother is claiming that she lives more than 100 miles because 1 of the 3 routes to her house is 102 miles. The other 2 routes are 82 and 87 miles.

Juan G Ramos
Juan G Ramos
answered on Jan 21, 2023

I think the general consensus will be you live within 100 miles. Interestingly, though if your order follows the standard visitation schedule you may just want to go with Mom's, albeit wrong assertion, since you could benefit from added time.

For example, even if you live 100 miles or...
View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Family Law for Texas on
Q: What should I do to protect my son and I if my wife just left to another city without saying anything and left my

What should I do to protect my son and I if my wife just left to another city without saying anything and left my son behind with me

Juan G Ramos
Juan G Ramos
answered on Aug 5, 2021

Every divorce and child custody case is very unique. So keep in mind that my response is general. If your wife has truly abandoned you and your child, you can immediately file a divorce or suit affecting child relationship petition requesting a temporary restraining order. This restraining order... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Texas on
Q: I need to know who to talk to about me working at a job site and hitting a electrical power line it exploded in my face
Juan G Ramos
Juan G Ramos
answered on Aug 5, 2021

You need to speak to your employer immediately. If you were a contractor working under a general contractor you need to contact the general contractor. The purpose of this notice is to see if your employer or supervising contractor have worker's compensation insurance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.