Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Tiffany Ballenger Floyd
2 Answers | Asked in Business Formation and Business Law for Nevada on
Q: Hello - I'm trying to find a document that states I have a DBA in Clark County - State of Nevada. Where should I look?

I've been using the name since I'm guessing 2013 or 2014.

Tiffany Ballenger Floyd
Tiffany Ballenger Floyd
answered on Feb 3, 2021

Hi There,

Here's a link to search for your DBA (aka FFN, Fictitious Firm Name), in Clark County, NV:

Link to statutes:

Hope this helps point...
View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Nevada on
Q: What is the difference between being an interested person in a trust and a non interested person.
Tiffany Ballenger Floyd
Tiffany Ballenger Floyd
answered on May 30, 2020

Interested "person" may be the grantor (creator) of the trust, a trustee and/or a beneficiary. Interested "trustee"- The term Interested Trustee means a Trustee who:

is a transferor or beneficiary;

is related or subordinate to a transferor or beneficiary;...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning for Nevada on
Q: In the state of Nevada, will filing a Homestead Exemption do anything if our home is in our Living Trust?

We are married and living in our primary residence which is paid off and valued ~$570K. Our house and other assets are all owned by our revocable Living Trust. We have never filed a Homestead Exemption in Nevada, but recently friends have told us we should do this to protect the equity in our home.... View More

Tiffany Ballenger Floyd
Tiffany Ballenger Floyd
answered on Jan 21, 2020

Nevada homestead exemption protects the equity in your primary residence (w/ proper homestead filing) up to $550K- cheap & easy protection! A revocable living trust typically does not provide ANY asset protection to the creators of the trust, so it's probably wise to file your homestead.... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.