Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Raul G. Delgado II
3 Answers | Asked in Admiralty / Maritime for Florida on
Q: Federal case regarding Jones Act

This is for a federal Jones Act case. The plaintiff ....

THe dismissal was 'dismissed without prejudice for lack of prosecution'. It didn't show up in the details

Editing this for more details... of course yes she has tried reaching out to other counsel but running... View More

Raul G. Delgado II
Raul G. Delgado II
answered on May 5, 2021

Under these circumstances, it sounds like she may have a good argument to get the dismissal vacated if the basis behind the dismissal is because of former counsel's inattention and not the individual personally. There is no black and white answer because it seems as if there are a lot of... View More

View More Answers

4 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for Florida on
Q: Is it too late to involve an attorney for a fall/injury my wife had @ Fla outdoor mall in May 2019?

Just wondering if it’s too old she’s getting no cooperation with mgmt company anymore.

Raul G. Delgado II
Raul G. Delgado II
answered on Aug 4, 2020

I agree. Just wanted to add that the sooner you decide to proceed, the better the odds of evidence being preserved by the at fault parties. The sooner they are advised of your intention to pursue a claim, the higher your odds of success will be. Make sure to speak with an experienced injury... View More

View More Answers

4 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Admiralty / Maritime on
Q: I was in a boat fire in Nov 2018 .the insurance contacted me but I haven't heard from them again

Progresive contacted me. I was in the ICU burn until in a coma for a month and in there longer. I suffer from al kinds of stuff now

Raul G. Delgado II
Raul G. Delgado II
answered on Jun 25, 2020

You may definitely have a claim. If this accident happened on a boat, there is a high probability that it will be governed by General Maritime law. You should speak to an experienced maritime attorney immediately because there are different statutes of limitation for maritime claims as compared to... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Florida on
Q: What can I do about my apartment falling apart my shelves in my kitchen fell on me and at first I didn’t think I was

Injured but now I have back pain

Raul G. Delgado II
Raul G. Delgado II
answered on May 30, 2020

If you are injured, the first thing you should do is get medical care. A injury to your back can be a very serious condition because of the nature of the spinal cord and the nervous system. Hopefully a doctor tells you that you have nothing to worry about but nonetheless, the first step is always... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.