Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Joshua Frank Andor
1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce and Family Law for Texas on
Q: I have no clue where my spouse is. I’m trying to terminate parental rights and get a divorce.

The non-custodial parent is not in the picture we live in two different states and he only wants to be a family if I wanted to be with him. I have proof of no help, or wanting nothing to do with our child but, he’s been abusive to me and holding the marriage over my head. I don’t know where he... View More

Joshua Frank Andor
Joshua Frank Andor
answered on Jan 9, 2024

In Texas, if you are unable to locate your spouse, you can file for a divorce by publication. This involves legally notifying your spouse of the divorce proceedings through a notice published in a newspaper in the area where they were last known to reside. This method is used when all other... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.