Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Matt Schmoldt
2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Personal Injury and Traffic Tickets for South Carolina on
Q: I was in a car accident and was given a ticket of which the officer later dropped at traffic court. Can I now sue.

I was taken to hospital in an ambulance and car was totaled.

Matt Schmoldt
Matt Schmoldt answered on Jan 31, 2020

You should call a local injury lawyer and discuss your case with them. Even if the ticket was dropped, you may still be at fault for the accident in a civil case. The criminal court and the civil court are two different worlds. Your case involves a very fact specific inquiry. It is possible... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Michigan on
Q: I want to know if I can sue my cell phone company for all the ads I get on my phone I did not sign up to get ads

I get between 150 to 200 ads on my phone weekly Detroit Michigan

Matt Schmoldt
Matt Schmoldt answered on Jan 31, 2020

There is federal law called the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), which protects individuals from unsolicited telephone calls and texts. It allows an individual to recover $500 to $1500 per call or text made in violation of the statute. The statute is a little complicated and I recommend... Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Illinois on
Q: I was in a car accident that was caused by the other driver. I was injured.

I can't afford an attorney and I can prove fault was on the other person despite the police reports findings. There were also factual errors in the police report. Can anyone help me or am I out of luck and a car? I am living below poverty level. I am a single income home for a family of 5.

Matt Schmoldt
Matt Schmoldt answered on Jan 31, 2020

Steve McCann provided an excellent answer. I believe that you should call an injury lawyer in your area. Most injury

lawyers will provide a free consultation. Look for an injury lawyer that will not charge you anything up-front. One thing to keep in mind is that police reports are not...
Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.