Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Rock Rocheleau
1 Answer | Asked in Child Support, Divorce and Family Law for Nevada on
Q: I am a father of two children under 18 in Nevada (washoe county) and I have a question regarding divorce w/children

My wife and I have been separated for 7 years during that time we have been able to get along and co-parent and have shared 50/50 custody. Without the courts being involved or mediation. We both claim one child on our income taxes we both buy them their necessities we both transport them back and... View More

Rock  Rocheleau
Rock Rocheleau
answered on Jan 8, 2024

Sort of true and sort of not true. In a the divorce documents (called a Joint Petition of Divorce because you agree) you would state what the amount of child support would be. But you can then state you both agree to waive or change this amount.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Nevada on
Q: I my Social Security to be considered part of the division of property/income in a divorce?
Rock  Rocheleau
Rock Rocheleau
answered on Jan 8, 2024

Social security is not considered property so it would not be divided as part of the community assets. It is considered income and could be divided under alimony laws.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.