Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Johnathan Spencer Young
2 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Real Estate Law and Landlord - Tenant for Texas on
Q: I signed a sublease agreement a few weeks ago and I just noticed that they spelled my name wrong. Is it still valid?

I am looking to break my sublease for an office space and I just noticed the name error and want to find out if that makes the sublease invalid or does it even matter because I still signed it.

Johnathan Spencer Young
Johnathan Spencer Young
answered on Oct 20, 2023

To constitute a contract, the minds of the parties must meet with respect to the subject matter of the

agreement, and as to all of its essential terms. If one's name is misspelled on a contract, the contract itself is most likely still valid and enforceable. Such errors are referred to...
View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.