Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Mr. Richard Orville Middlebrook
4 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for California on
Q: recently got a dui marijuana, I was given my license back after the arrest, do I need to schedule a dmv hearing?

an attorney I spoke to said I do not need to because they gave me back my license and I would like to know if that is true. they did not give me a pink slip that says my license would be suspended, so I'm assuming that is true. please let me know.

thank you all, your answers have been... Read more »

Mr. Richard Orville Middlebrook
Mr. Richard Orville Middlebrook answered on Aug 31, 2020

Nope! Prescription or illicit drug DUI arrests don’t automatically trigger suspensions. You only lose your license if you are actually convicted of the DUI or they attempt to take it in another way.

View More Answers

4 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for California on
Q: I am being charged with a DUI and the city sent me a bill to cover expenses incurred by the P.D Emergency response. $806

I am going to court for this and have NOT been found guilty. Ive asked, e-mailed, and even wrote a letter to the city to stop harassing me. They continue to send letters stating that they will begin collection proceedings if i dont start making payments. What can I do?

Mr. Richard Orville Middlebrook
Mr. Richard Orville Middlebrook answered on Aug 26, 2020

Not much. If an accident you caused while intoxicated caused an emergency response, by law, you are responsible for the costs. While you can dicker over priced, most of the time it’s not a winning proposition.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, DUI / DWI and Insurance Defense for California on
Q: If you get a dui at 17 with no license or insurance and get in a crash what will happen

could you go to court alone if you are turning 18 before the court date ?

Mr. Richard Orville Middlebrook
Mr. Richard Orville Middlebrook answered on May 22, 2020

There are so many variables in this it’s hard to answer. The case will be handled in the juvenile courts. There certainly will be some very stiff punishments and more so if someone was injured. There will a significant license suspension of at least a year. Likely to be charged with multiple... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.