Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Tiffany R. Lunn-White
1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Divorce for Georgia on
Q: Can alimony be contested after final divorce if ex has made no attempt to get a job... refused some items in decree.

Divorce final for a year, alimony was set at 4 years (negotiated) + higher child support. I have 50-50 with daughter (10) and primary on son (15). She refuses to obtain life insurance as in decree and is completely living out of her means with no attempt to better herself or get a job.... View More

Tiffany R. Lunn-White
Tiffany R. Lunn-White pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Aug 27, 2022

Whether alimony can be modified is evaluated by how your Final Judgment and Decree of Divorce is written. You must have an experienced attorney review it and advise you accordingly.

Additionally, if your ex-wife is not following the Decree, you have the right to pursue action against her...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.