Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by James Turner
1 Answer | Asked in Banking and Consumer Law for Florida on
Q: The only thing he had was a bank account nothing else. My brother was murdered in Louisiana and i am in Jacksonville we

Received his death certificate but don't know what to do to close his bank account at Chase bank please help

James Turner
James Turner answered on Apr 5, 2017

Present the death certificated to you local Chase Bank and ask them for their procedures.

3 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Collections and Small Claims for Florida on
Q: What can happen to me if I can't pay a court judgment to collect a $6000 credit card debt? I only have a 2013 car.

No money in the bank, I am graduate student--no employment, no other property. I am married.

James Turner
James Turner answered on Apr 5, 2017

If a creditor has a judgment against you, they can, in most cases, garnish your wages, attach your bank accounts and seize your personal property. In Florida, a judgment is valid for 20 years.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: What amendment gives you the right to face your accuser in court?
James Turner
James Turner answered on Apr 1, 2017

The answer to your question is the Sixth Amendment to the Constitution. "In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.