Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Joseph Bronson Barnes Esq

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Connecticut on

Q: CT; Does a prior DWI conviction make me ineligible for the AEP even if it was more than ten yrs before a subsequent DWI?

I am being told by the Bail Commissioner's office that any prior DWI conviction, no matter how long ago makes me ineligible for the Alcohol Education Program. 54-56g doesn't seem to say that. Can you help? Thank you.

Joseph Bronson Barnes Esq answered on Nov 25, 2013

Conn. Gen. Stat. § 54-56g provides for an alcohol education system wherein the court file is sealed if the person swears:

For a violation of Conn. Gen. Stat. § 14-227a, the person has not had such a system invoked on his behalf within the preceding ten years for a violation of section...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Connecticut on

Q: How can I tell if I've been charged with a DUI? Spoke to police in hospital, admitted drinking, but was given nothing.

I expected a call or a court summons in the mail, but a lot of time has passed and I've received nothing from them. Did I just get lucky?

Joseph Bronson Barnes Esq answered on Nov 25, 2013

yo can go online at the judicial website to see if charges are pending. Did they take blood? if so it can take weeks to be processed at the state lab. Otherwise, you got lucky. ;-)

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for California on

Q: : I am CDL holder , got pull over in passenger car for DUI , if my BAC is under 0.08 , what will happen to me license .

Joseph Bronson Barnes Esq answered on Nov 25, 2013

You should not be charged as you are not guilty under most circumstances. A driver under age 18 may be prosecuted (Zero Tolerance) or under certain circumstances a level under .08 is proscribed but that does not appear to be the case with you. 0.08% alcohol by weight in your blood stream is the... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.