Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Timothy Kingcade

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for Florida on

Q: Need help to file chapter 7 for my mother, she is being sued by collectors she is 93 and has S.S. and reverse mortgage

My mother has S.S. and reverse mortgage as her income about $1,500 a month if she is lucky she has $10 at the end of the month. need to file bankruptcy ch.7 to make them stop harassing her. If they win and they will she will have nothing to live on.

Timothy Kingcade answered on Apr 1, 2013

Sounds like a rather easy bankruptcy case. If she lives in Florida and has less than median income ($41,915 as of 4/1/13), she qualifies for a Chapter 7. See for more information.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for Florida on

Q: Recently filed bankruptcy. Lender says term is up. Predatory lender short term and balloon. only interest need advice

Sign a five year note in 2011 and it is not recorded. Their attorney says term is up and wants a lot of money. We are going nowhere with this loan We built a pole barn that was converted to a off grade house. It is not complete. What can we do I look on the predatory lender website and... Read more »

Timothy Kingcade answered on Apr 1, 2013

Predatory lending is very difficult to prove and, even if proved, the lender still recovers the principal. Note that high interest and balloon term don’t mean that there is a claim for predatory lending.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for Florida on

Q: What does Bankruptcy Disposition: M,DISMSD/CLSD CH7 mean?

Timothy Kingcade answered on Mar 26, 2013

This means that the case is dismissed and closed. Note that the bankruptcy will still appear on your credit report as a failed bankruptcy.

3 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Florida on

Q: Can I change my bankruptcy attorney if I don't trust the way he is handling my case?

Timothy Kingcade answered on Mar 26, 2013

Yes, of course you can.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.