Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Douglas Price
3 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for Arizona on
Q: Non Arizona resident parent has been moved here so we can provide in home care.

The intent was for them to regain strength and return to a senior facility in Wyoming. If they die here are they subject to Arizona laws such a probate for estate? The Will was created in Wyoming with only money as assets.

Douglas Price
Douglas Price answered on Sep 23, 2020

This is a very good question as it involves "What is the resident state?" of your parent. Assuming that the intent is for him to reside here until he passes, he may be considered a resident of Arizona. Whe he passes we will recognize his valid Wyoming will and the will can be probated... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Arizona on
Q: My father passed away September 14. He owned property before he married his current wife. Rights of his children?

The original Will allowed his wife to remain in the home until her death and then property would be transferred to us. 2 weeks before he died he changed the Will and left everything to her. We believe coercion was involved? What are our rights? How do we find out who his attorney is?

Douglas Price
Douglas Price answered on Sep 19, 2020

The first thing to do is to see the original will. If the wife has it she will need to submit it to probate court and the Clerk will then have the original. You have a right to see it and to question it, especially under the circumstances. One question I have is the value of the house, in... Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for Arizona on
Q: my aunt set a trust up and named her husband the trustee. can we get money before he dies if it states not until he die

My aunt has passed, The trust supposedly states no monies to paid out until he dies. Can we get past that?

Douglas Price
Douglas Price answered on Aug 28, 2020

Without seeing the trust, this is a difficult question to answer because there may be some provision for a distribution prior to the husband's death. If there is no such provision, then it is likely that the terms of the trust control, so that no distribution is possible prior to his death.... Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning and Real Estate Law for Arizona on
Q: How do I get a copy of my dads Death Certificate and his Will? I live in Arizona and my dad lived in New Jersey?

My sister is not cooperating with me at all. She claims all papers including his Will, and Death Certificates were destroyed in a mysterious house fire last year. My dad left some property and money behind and I believe my sister has been lying about everything.

Douglas Price
Douglas Price answered on Aug 24, 2020

Good afternoon,

Since your Dad was a New Jersey resident you need a New Jersey lawyer to assist. Perhaps the lawyer could start with a letter to your sister. I recommend one of my law school classmates who is licensed in New Jersey, Micahel D. Carroll. Give him a call or send an email:...
Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.