Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Kent Wood II
1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Family Law for Michigan on
Q: can my spouse cut me off of my accounts for money? Amidst travel during covid, he left me with no means to survive

We have been separated for years but been very cordial unless/until he dates this women years younger then him, then he starts spending everything he makes. I’m a stay at home mother to 16 year old triplets. I never spent any money on myself from accounts, only for bills and kids. I was traveling... View More

Kent Wood II
Kent Wood II
answered on May 14, 2020

If you are a named account holder, no one can take your name off the account without your permission. BUT, any account holder can empty the account and then take their name off the account or just stop making deposits to the account.

It is difficult when it is "from out of...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Michigan on
Q: Can 17 year olds legally leave home and stay with someone else in the state of Michigan?
Kent Wood II
Kent Wood II
answered on May 13, 2020

Under Michigan Law a Parent is required to provide for the financial needs of a child until they reach the age of 18, and potentially longer if that child has not graduated from high school yet. This requirement continues whether the child is living in your home or that of another. There is also... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.