Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by John Robinson

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Kentucky on

Q: I own two vehicles. One is paid for i have loan on the other which my mom cosigned for. Can i keep then both chap 7 n KY

John Robinson answered on May 21, 2019

In all likelihood, yes. The only problem would be if the two vehicles have a lot of value (equity in the vehicle with the loan). You will just need to continue making the loan payments to keep the second vehicle.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Kentucky on

Q: Anything I can do about a holder on my license for over 10 year's in Kentucky

John Robinson answered on Mar 30, 2019

If the holder is part of a civil proceeding (like an insurance company secured a judgment against you for damage caused while driving without insurance), a bankruptcy filing will likely restore your driving privileges. You are welcome to email me if you have more specific questions.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Kentucky on

Q: How long before you can get your license reinstated following filing bankruptcy on a criminal lawsuit because of car acc

John Robinson answered on Mar 15, 2019

Bankruptcy is not going to help with a suspension stemming from a criminal charge. However, it's possible your license is (or was) suspended in both a criminal and civil case arising from the same circumstance. For example, if you were involved in an accident and did not have insurance, your... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Kentucky on

Q: I defaulted on a $13000 car loan. Is it better to file bankruptcy or hope the bank eventually gives up trying to collect

The loan was joint with my ex boyfriend and he has had the car for 3 years. Car value is abt $3000. I have no money and no house but I have a 2006 Jeep with an upside down loan on it. I’m a server.

John Robinson answered on Mar 4, 2019

$13,000.00 is too much debt to have over your head going forward. I'm not sure where you are located, but the statute of limitations in Kentucky for written contracts is 10 years (was formerly 15). This means that the creditor would have ten years under current KY law to initiate a collection... Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Kentucky on

Q: i have a large credit card debt my husband is not aware of we own a home with 80 acreas of land can i file bankruptcy

i dont want him to know and i dont want to include our place

John Robinson answered on Feb 7, 2019

This question defies a short linear answer. It's important to first know how much equity you have in the real property. If the property serves as your primary residence and you and your husband are both on the deed, the first $50,000.00 (roughly) in equity in the property would not be impacted in a... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Kentucky on

Q: I got injured on the job 6 months ago didn't lose much time but I am traveling from appointment to appointment

I am on workers compensation I'm just wondering am I able to get reimbursement for any hours lost for having to leave work to go to my doctor's appointments and physical therapy or is that just a loss

John Robinson answered on Jan 24, 2019

Under the Kentucky Workers' Compensation Act, you are entitled to recover wages lost due to treatment for your work-related injuries. Depending on circumstances, you may also be entitled to reimbursement for mileage to and from treatment and/or evaluations. If you have further questions, feel free... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Kentucky on

Q: Could I assign a car lease over to my daughter if I've already filed?

John Robinson answered on Dec 14, 2018

The bankruptcy code does not have any provisions that would allow you to modify terms of any assignment provisions within the underlying lease agreement. Therefore, you will need to review the lease agreement to determine what assignment rights, if any, you may have under its terms.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.