Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Cory Russell Weck
3 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for California on
Q: I would like to get a ballpark answer of how much I would receive from a major city lawsuit involving a lifetime injury

My lawyer said the case is going in motion.

Cory Russell Weck
Cory Russell Weck answered on Feb 6, 2018

You need to speak with your attorney about this question as no one on this forum has any information about your case. You chose your lawyer because you trusted his/her judgment, experience and skill. Please have a candid talk with your attorney as no one here will give any opinions on case value.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for California on
Q: I truly hope that you can help me. I have a personal injury case in where I was severely hurt. I have only met with my

With him on 2 occasions. First time at my deposition and the at mediation. I was severely injured when I struck an unmarked guy wire. He wants me to settle for $100000.00 with no future medical. Is this right

Cory Russell Weck
Cory Russell Weck answered on Feb 2, 2018

I make it a practice of not commenting on recommendations by attorneys who currently represent clients. Your lawyer has far more information about your particular case than anyone else on this forum. If you are not satisfied with the advice or the justification for his recommendation then ask to... Read more »

View More Answers

5 Answers | Asked in Wrongful Death for California on
Q: My brother was struck and killed by a motorist in CA. Why is a lawyer contacting me with a claim?

My brother was 46 years old. Our family did not contact lawyers. The lawyer who called me did not tell me who was filing the claim or who it was against. Am I being sued? If so, how would I be responsible??

Cory Russell Weck
Cory Russell Weck answered on Jan 12, 2018

I'm sorry for your loss. Were you contacted in writing? If so it would be helpful to know what the language says exactly to point you in the right direction. It would be unethical for a lawyer to reach out to you to solicit a case, but unfortunately happens. More information about what was... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse for California on
Q: The prosecutor wants to file a criminal suit against the nursing home my great aunt was in. Can her family also file a

civil suit?

Cory Russell Weck
Cory Russell Weck answered on Nov 15, 2017

Absolutely. You should contact an experienced personal injury attorney who has experience in Elder/Nursing home abuse cases. The consultation should be for free. Good luck!

4 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death for California on
Q: If a family member was found on a public street and then past away could the city be held liable?

The side of the street where you walk is dark and has no lighting. There is minimal light from across the street from 1 or 2 lamp posts

Cory Russell Weck
Cory Russell Weck answered on Sep 22, 2017

I'm sorry for your loss. I strongly encourage you to reach out to a reputable personal injury attorney in your area as much more detail is needed to assess the potential case. The consult should be for free and the attorney will be in a much better position to answer your questions than this... Read more »

View More Answers

4 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for California on
Q: my son was in a accident on his bicycle, what is the amount that the insurance company should pay?

he was on his way to school on school grounds heading to the office when he was knocked to the ground by a small truck, the bumper hit his ankle on the left side, bent his rim, badly sprained his ankle, he missed work for 4 days, could not walk for almost 2 weeks, insurance company only wants to... Read more »

Cory Russell Weck
Cory Russell Weck answered on Sep 7, 2017

It is often very difficult to answer questions about value without knowing significantly more detail. I would encourage you to seek the advice of a reputable personal injury attorney and schedule a consult. The consult is almost always free, but the attorney would be in a better position to ask... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.