Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by R. Grace Rodriguez

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for California on

Q: What is an order on application for supplemental fees in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy? I'm the debtor,do I have to pay extra?

The form says "That the sum of $750 is allowed Applicant as compensation for extraordinary services referred to in the Application and the chapter 13 trustee is directed to pay the unpaid balance of $750 from the estate of the Debtor as funds permit.

R. Grace Rodriguez answered on Apr 6, 2016

You just might. In a normal chapter 13 bankruptcy, your repayment plan may provided for you to pay a percentage to unsecured creditors. If your attorney does extra work in your bankruptcy after it has been confirmed, the court may give such an order. It is possible that the percentage that will... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for California on

Q: What does it mean when a creditor gets relief from a automatic stay without a waiver of the 14 day stay?

I'm in a chapter 7 bankruptcy. The finance company got relief from the automatic stay without a waiver of the 14 day stay. Does that mean I have two weeks to keep your vehicles or not?

R. Grace Rodriguez answered on Apr 6, 2016

Normally before a bankruptcy court order becomes effective there is a 14 day waiting period to give the parties a chance to request reconsideration or file an appeal on the order. If the court did not waive the 14 days, then the order is not effective for 14 days and the finance company cannot act... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for California on

Q: A Paralegal made false and misleading statements to me which lead me to file a chapter 7. how can I get it dismissed?

I have four suspended LLC's, I asked a Paralegal how can I get the suspension lifted so I can sell a rental property to pay what I owe. The Paralegal made false and misleading statements, that " if you file a bankruptcy, the automatic stay will lift the suspension so you can sell your rental... Read more »

R. Grace Rodriguez answered on Apr 6, 2016

Yes you can file a lawsuit for the fraud. But even better, if you look at your bankruptcy filing, you will see that there is information regarding the United States Trustee's office. You should contact that office and file a complaint against the Paralegal for giving legal advice.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy and Collections for California on

Q: I gave a personal loan of $9500 to someone who's now filing bankruptcy. Is there anything I can do to get my $ back?

R. Grace Rodriguez answered on Apr 6, 2016

It depends on a number of factors as to whether you can get your money back. As an attorney the first thing I would want to know is whether this person is filing a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

If filing a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, and the Debtor has assets or makes to much money to...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.