Taunton, MA asked in Criminal Law, Animal / Dog Law, Civil Litigation and Libel & Slander for Connecticut

Q: is there anyone willing to take on a CT state trooper?

A few years ago (may be to late) a CT State trooper in uniform off of his shift arrived at my home and tried to steal a dog from me that his friend wanted. This friend and he made up a story about animal abuse which was unfounded. In the end he stole my horse who I had owned for almost 20 years. He threatened myself and my son. He also gave me a summons to appear in court (which I did) but never filed it so I sat there all day for nothing. This man did get a warning from internal affairs and I have all the paperwork and interviews from his friend , the dog warden and himself. I tried to take him to court but no one would take on the State Police. I still live in fear that he will hurt me or steal my animals. He moved down the street from me. I have not seen him and he does not work anymore at the troop near me. I am asking again due to the case of Glen Harris being awarded money when the Hartford cop shot his dog. My horse was worth at least $10,000 at the time.

1 Lawyer Answer
Sally A. Roberts
Sally A. Roberts
  • Hartford, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: Before addressing the merits you first need to tell us the date of the incident(s) so that we could determine whether the statute of limitations is an issue.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.