Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Civil Litigation legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Connecticut Civil Litigation Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Personal Injury for Connecticut on
Q: What kind of lawyer do I need to pursue action against a business for discrimination against disabled customers?

I am disabled and I feel dehumanized. I buy my groceries with my health insurance. When I try to use my benefits at self check out at Big Grocery Franchise, an alarm goes off. This does not happen at other big grocery stores which also accept my insurance.

In the mornings, there are no... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 1, 2024

In your situation, where you believe you have faced discrimination due to your disability, particularly in a retail environment, you should consider contacting an attorney who has experience in civil rights and employment discrimination law. These attorneys typically handle cases involving... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Civil Litigation and Employment Law for Connecticut on
Q: My boss sent a email from work email to her personal it had my personal information such as SS, against policy can I sue
Joseph Maya
Joseph Maya pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Dec 25, 2021

I strongly suggest you speak to an experienced lawyer licensed in your jurisdiction about this legal issue. Best of luck to you.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation and Probate for Connecticut on
Q: I'm the only child&next to kin.My dad is a deceased veteran who had mental illness. Conservator took advantage of him

Conservator fabricated paperwork and made it seem like I didn't exist and had a invalid will made for her own financial gain. He had $189,000.00 at time of death, all Bill's were paid and the state is in possession of $92,000.00 left. I've wrote letters to the courts but can't... View More

Nicole M. Camporeale
Nicole M. Camporeale
answered on Feb 25, 2020

If you have no money to pay an attorney up front, you might want to see if you can find an attorney that believes the case will be successful and may take your case on a contingency basis. If an attorney does not think any money will be recovered, they may not take the case, or may require up front... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Litigation for Connecticut on
Q: Can a person under arrest for murder and who attempted suicide, now in hospital in critical, prolong the stay there inde

This is about the case of Fotis Dulos who is under arrest for the murder of his estranged wife Jennifer Dulos, and also under strict house arrest, and who attempted suicide yesterday and is now in critical condition in a NY hospital. He had just found out his $6 million bail would probably be... View More

Allan F. Friedman
Allan F. Friedman pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 29, 2020

Assuming is bond is revoked he would be held under guard at a hospital until well enough to transfer to a Correctional Center

There he could continue to receive medical treatment

A twist is that since he was taken to NY for treatment he would have to waive extradition back to CT...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Civil Litigation, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for Connecticut on
Q: Hello...I have a question regarding bank / mortgage fraud.

Hello...In 2008 I found out my wife was cheating on me. We stayed together for the sake of our newborn baby girl. Fast forward to about a month ago. I found out that she and the guy she was with remortgaged our home for $160,000. She gave him all my info and he posed as me when they went for the... View More

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Jul 22, 2019

If the fraudulent mortgage was created sometime after July 2009 then the statute may not have run yet. Find out fast.

Another way to get around the statute is to alleged exactly what you said here: That you did not know about the fraud until recently; in most states fraud statutes do not...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Real Estate Law and Civil Litigation for Connecticut on
Q: I wasnt allowed to submit a police report as evidence in a civil case. Judge said it wasnt "certified". What is?

I couldn't afford an attorney, I filed a civil case pro se. The police report was the "smoking gun" and had the facts. The judge would not allow it as evidence because it was not "certified". I contacted that police department, they are unaware of what a "certified... View More

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Apr 3, 2019

Welcome to the world of civil litigation, where having a skilled trial lawyer often makes the difference between losing and winning. Teaching point: Regardless of what the official document is, "the smoking gun" notwithstanding, most courts will not allow introduction of any document... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Contracts for Connecticut on
Q: I did a lawsuit am recieving 35000 how much my lawyer keeps
Stephen Arnold Black
Stephen Arnold Black
answered on Nov 30, 2018

That depends on a variety of factors. How much your counsel advanced in costs to prosecute your case; whether a lawsuit was filed in court which would most likely increase the attorneys fees clause provision in the contract; how much, if any the medical lien was...there may be more factors. Ask... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Civil Litigation and Estate Planning for Connecticut on
Q: If my mother changes her original will from leaving everything to me( I'm only child) to my 2 daugthers what can i do?

Mother also is has in new will that everything she ever gave me in my house ( she co signed for, but never lived in) she is willing to them.

Matthew A. Wiley
Matthew A. Wiley
answered on Oct 24, 2017

Not a whole lot. Assuring you mother has capacity she is her own person to will her assets to whoever she chooses.

Disclaimer: The foregoing answer does not constitute legal advice, is provided for informational and educational purposes only for persons interested in the subject matter....
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation and Probate for Connecticut on
Q: In CT, is it mandatory to notify non-beneficiaries? Sending me details of uncle excluding me seems cruel & unnecessary.

He was widower with no children, no surviving siblings - but his will clearly denoted which nieces/nephews benefit (he left nothing to two of us - as was his right). But it is raising old family trauma to be sent probate notices and the will details. I've been suicidal as result (I have PTSD).... View More

Matthew A. Wiley
Matthew A. Wiley
answered on Oct 5, 2017

In Connecticut certain family members are required notice parties. That means by law they are required to let you know about the documents filed in probate court. If you write a letter to the probate court and your families attorney explaining that you do not want to receive any further notices... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Criminal Law and Civil Litigation for Connecticut on
Q: A 23 yr old was teaching his 17 year old brother to drive and hit 4 parked cars, totaling mine. No registration or

or insurance & plates are registered to a different vehicle/mystery person. The 17 yr old fled the scene but was quickly found and both were arrested. No one was hurt but between depreciation book value and still owing on a car loan, the financial loss is absolutely devastating to me. I have no... View More

William C. Head
William C. Head pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Aug 14, 2017

If you gave permission to them, that will be a tough sell to your insurance company. If taken without permission, you are in better shape.

Your best bet may be to contact the prosecutor, explain the issues, and request (politely) that any resolution of the criminal charges INCLUDE...
View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Collections and Consumer Law for Connecticut on
Q: A levy was put on my chase business acct. is there any way to remove it.I owe money to an advance lending company
Max Lavit Rosenberg
Max Lavit Rosenberg
answered on Jul 1, 2017

Filing bankruptcy will remove the bank execution. Please contact us if you would like to set up a consultation to explore your options 203.870.6700

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for Connecticut on
Q: How can I find pending civil cases for connecticut online?
Sally A. Roberts
Sally A. Roberts
answered on Feb 10, 2017

You can start on Googe - plus in any case name. You can look on the CT Judicial Branch website and look up cases there as well. Here is the link:

Sally Roberts

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Animal / Dog Law, Civil Litigation and Libel & Slander for Connecticut on
Q: is there anyone willing to take on a CT state trooper?

A few years ago (may be to late) a CT State trooper in uniform off of his shift arrived at my home and tried to steal a dog from me that his friend wanted. This friend and he made up a story about animal abuse which was unfounded. In the end he stole my horse who I had owned for almost 20 years. He... View More

Sally A. Roberts
Sally A. Roberts
answered on Oct 8, 2016

Before addressing the merits you first need to tell us the date of the incident(s) so that we could determine whether the statute of limitations is an issue.

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Civil Litigation for Connecticut on
Q: Should I be compensated for lost warranties when a vehicle is declared "totaled" in an accident?

Space constraints forced deletion of earlier content.

Re Peter Munsing's reply: Approx. $1k of individual parts are warrantied as long as I own the vehicle, almost unconditionally, independent of any time or mileage, and as many times as they break or wear out. If compensation should... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Aug 23, 2016

If you bought an extended warranty, yes. As far as parts, you can try if you can show it was very recently purchased. However most parts are not recoverable as that is considered "routine maintenance." As to the "lost opportunity" of the used parts you can't use now, I... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.