Brooklyn, NY asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Libel & Slander for New York

Q: Can a uniformed NYPD Patrol Officer conduct an "ongoing" criminal investigation into a person's conduct?

A uniformed NYPD Patrol Officer has had me under criminal investigation since 2006. He is in the 114 Precinct. (According to the Patrol Officers Guide, his jurisdiction is limited to the 114 Precinct.) He has had me under investigation for murder. He has had me under investigation for the Boston Bombing. (I live in a Long Term Acute Care Facility in Manhattan and breathe through a tube on a Ventilator.) He has had me under investigation for the little girl who was found in Massachusetts. He has had me under investigation for terrorism. He has had me under investigation for Social Security fraud. He has had me under investigation for 9/11. He has had me under investigation for drugs, prostitution, and anything else he can think up. He always claims that people have "positively identified" me. (There is no way under the sun that anyone in Boston "identified" me.)

1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew M. Stengel
Andrew M. Stengel
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Why aren't you also under investigation for the assisnatation of JFK? Homicide detectives aren't limited to the confines of a given precinct.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.