Dallas, TX asked in Employment Law, Sexual Harassment, Criminal Law and Family Law for Texas

Q: Wifes EX leers at her as he walks/drives by generally creeping her out at work. what can she do?

Wife & her Ex have been DIV'd since 2014. He and she work for diff contractors for X. He watches her in the parking lot when he should be working. If she is in a building and he is there, he makes and effort to leer at her as she walks by with his jaws clinched, she is afraid of what he may do. She has tried not to pay him any mind, but he persists on making sure she sees him. Just found out that her Mgr freaked when she saw his pic, he made unwelcome advances toward her as well in the past. This guy held down a puppy to punch it in the head, wife dove in between to stop him. He also walked towards her w/ fists clenched and intent on making her afraid before DIV. She is afraid of this nut job, he is an un-medicated schitzo. He hears voices, he manipulates and skirts the law just enough to stay inside it. If she follows though with a report, she can lose her job just as he may. His sis told my wife he threw their dog against the wall just to watch it scream in pain! He needs to move o

1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If the behavior ever rises to the level of actual threats it might be enough for a Protective Order under Chapter 7A of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.