Mt Meadows Area, CA asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for California

Q: California wife still married wants to quit job move kids 400 miles away still in same state i only see them on weekends

Is it legal? She cheated i still told her id like to work on marrage for the kids. No court yet no divorce or seperation what should i do

1 Lawyer Answer
Crista Marie Haynes
Crista Marie Haynes
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Redlands, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you do not agree with her proposal you need to file for custody and visitation orders as soon as possible so she does not get established up there first. Judges look to the status quo of the situation first when deciding how to rule on custody and visitation orders when there are none in place. The longer you allow the situation to progress and the more set up she gets 400 miles away and you start a visitation plan the harder it will be for you to stop your children from moving and being 400 miles away. If you have any questions on the process or how to file please do not hesitate to contact me at my office.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.